CHOOSING THE RIGHT DIAMOND
The diamonds characteristics are used to describe the elegance and brilliance of a diamond. Understanding the 4C’s of your future diamond will help you pick the perfect diamond for you. Please take a look at our brief explanation of the 4 C’s of a diamond.
When it comes down to shape, the name says it all. It suggests whether it is a round-cut, oval-cut, or princess-cut etc. The details kindly describe the shape or form from the top view of the diamond. Even though shapes vary by its attributes it always comes down to your personal taste.
Small imperfections called inclusions appear on some of the diamonds, depending on how big or small the blemish is they receive their clarity grades.
- FL-IF=Flawless and Internally Flawless-No inclusions even under a 10x magnification.
- VVS1-VVS2 – The inclusion is extremely hard to find under 10x magnification.
- VS1-VS2 – Difficult to find the slight inclusions under 10x magnification
- SI1-SI2 – Small Inclusions are seen under 10x magnification still not noticeable to the naked eye.
- I1-I3 – Imperfections are visible to the naked eye.
The cut of the diamond has a major role in its beautiful sparkle. Depending on how well the diamond is cut the more brilliance it will have.
The carat weight defines the measure of a diamonds weight.
The color of a diamond varies from colorless to a hue of color as detailed in this chart.